looking back


I can't believe I haven't posted these photos yet... it's been over two months since I visited Seattle! Well, it's never too late I guess, so here are some shots I took when I went down to Pike Place market! I went later in the day, so they were getting ready to close, but I did get the nibble on some yummy snacks, like cheese bread from Piroshky Piroshky, which is a must try if you ever visit!


The famous bubble gum wall! It's pretty gross, but it makes a great backdrop for photos, haha! This photo doesn't do it justice, but when you see it in person, you will be amazed at all the gum that's there! It's funny because a lot of people stuck their business cards onto the gum... what an interesting way to market yourself, haha!


I went on a little stroll on the boardwalk area next to where the ferris wheel is located. I loved watching the ferries go by... I haven't been on one since I was little. I remember being so fascinated that you could take your car on the boat, then drive off once you arrived on the island. Have you ever been on a ferry?


The night ended with some delicious Molly Moon's ice cream! It was a real treat, and thinking about it makes me want some right now! I ordered one of their seasonal flavors, which I forget the name of, but it was just great....

Looking back through all of the pictures I took, I am definitely missing my hometown! I hope to go back one day... Are you from Seattle, or ever visited? What's your favorite place to go there?

Have a great weekend everyone!   — Minna   

Aug 23, 2013

13 comments :

  1. Your photos are gorgeous, looks like a really lovely place! I especially love that first photo. I grew up in the South of England so used to get the Ferry over to France lots - but still thought it was pretty cool to drive onto a boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better late than never :) I've never been to Seattle, but it's on my list! Looks like such an eclectic place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K & I have been wanting to plan a sister-only trip to a city in the US we've never been to -- and Seattle is definitely on the top of the list!! We're going to have to use this blog post as a guide, so thank you for that!

    xo, B
    BKCsquared

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are beautiful photographs! That gum wall looks prettty gross, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Minna! I just started following your blog. :) I'm a Seattleite and I have always enjoyed living here, but this summer it feels as if I am falling deeply in love with Seattle. There are so many wonderful restaurants, cafes, theaters, and parks here, not to mention all that water! My favorite spots have to be Joe Bar, Le Zinc, and Cafe Presse on Capitol Hill, Bottlehouse in Madrona, and Discovery Park.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you for sharing those places!! i've never been to any of them, so i'll definitely find time to go there when i do visit again! (:

      - minna

      Delete
  6. I've just moved back to Missouri from Washington and these photos bring up some serious nostalgia. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my god, look at that wall ! It IS pretty gross :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't decide if I think the chewing gum wall is amazing or not...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is actually quite amazing! that picture is only a teeny tiny portion of it! i will post a better picture next time so you can see what it's really like!! haha it's crazy!!

      Delete
  9. its been 3 years since ive visited. it was my first summer away from home and it holds such a special place in my heart. thanks for sharing the images. i miss the place so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. I live just across the border of Seattle and have never went to see the gum wall! I'm always tempted to buy some flowers from Pikes market, they're so affordable and pretty! Next time I'll have to hunt for some Molly Moon's Icecream =)

    ReplyDelete