a new beginning...

I lot has been happening in my life lately, that forced me to make some changes... my family and I have been so busy with everything that has been happening, and with school starting again in the fall, we just weren't able to give Chanel the attention that she deserved, and thought about placing her in a new home, which was the last thing I ever wanted for her...

One of our neighbors was a big fan of Chanel's. We would always walk our dogs together and Chanel would love playing around with her canine friend, and on one of our walks, I mentioned that we were planning on finding a new home for Chanel. My neighbor smiled and said that she'd love to take her. I was happy at the thought that Chanel would be able to be play with her friend all day and be with someone that will give her all the love in the world, but of course that was when it hit me that I was actually going to give her away. I just feel terrible because I never wanted to that person that just gave away their dog, but I feel like I had no choice. Since she is now with my neighbor, I do get to see her since she lives close, but my family will be moving again soon in a few months.

It's been almost a week now since Chanel went to her new home. I often forget that she's gone, and call her name when I come home, then a few seconds later I realize that she's not going to run down the stairs and give me a big kiss. Whenever I cut some fruits and spill some on the ground, I leave it, thinking that she's going to come and lick it off the floor... I don't know... I just miss her, but I know that she's happier now, so that makes me feel better. I'm just glad that I was able to share 7 years of my life with Chanel. I love her so much!

Sorry for my long sob-story, but I just wanted to let you guys know what's been going on because I know i've shared a lot of things about Chanel on this blog in the past and you guys have been so kind.

Jul 30, 2012

11 comments :

  1. It's so hard to let go of pets! I can only imagine. Recently, my parents adopted a cat from a woman that was allergic to hers. So they are on the opposite end as you!

    At least you know that she has gone to a good home, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are the difficult decisions that might hurt but you know it's better for Chanel. It's something very unselfish and kind that you did for someone you love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! yes, i'm so grateful that chanel found a good home!

      Delete
  3. Oh no, this made my cry. So sorry. Such a difficult decision, but for the best. May the Lord comfort you during this time. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. This made me sniff a little. This must be such a difficult time for you - I'm so sorry. :( But it's good that she's now in a place where she has a dog friend. She'll never be lonely, so bright side. :)
    Will you be able to visit often?
    ♥ xixia | thisisxixia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! luckily i can see her from time to time, but once i move i won't be able to.
      i'm just so glad that she found a good home (:

      Delete
  5. just stumbled upon your blog and I really love it; the design is so sweet in an understated way. My best wishes for Chanel and her new family~
    x


    D a n i e l l e | daniellewu.com
    ps. I am hosting a giveaway on my blog and I would love it if you won! :) Enter to win artwork by Mui-ko!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! That is definitely a hard thing to go through Minna. A pet is just as loved as a human relative and I'm sure very sad to let go of. At least you will always have the peace of mind that she's with a good owner and even has a live in play buddy with the other dog.

    Best of luck with your move.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I almost had to give away my cat (my BF was willing to give her a home) and every time I thought of it I would get so, so sad. Sorry you had to give her away, but at least you can visit and you know she's in a happy home!

    ReplyDelete